INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project "Social adaptation and integration support system for foreigners staying on the territory of the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship" is implemented by the Warmian-Masurian Voivode together with the partner, Caritas Polska, as part of the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund.
Duration of the project: 01.04.2018 – 31.03.2020
Main goal of the project: Raising the standards of integration services for third-country nationals in the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship.
The project is directed at the implementation of tasks addressed to foreigners, citizens of countries outside the European Union and professional groups in contact with third-country nationals and raising the standards of integration services in the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship and deepening integration of foreigners with Polish society in the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship.
Project activities carried out by the CARITAS Polska project partner include, among other things:
- creation and operation of information and advice points. Points will be located in Olsztyn and two field points in Elbląg and Ełk run in case of reported needs,
- social and living, psychological, educational, professional, legal as well as intercultural support,
- conducting Polish language courses with elements of Polish history and culture and an adaptation course for the above-mentioned group of people,
- support for schools in the field of working with a foreign child,
- conducting specialist trainings for institutions and organizations working for third-country nationals,
- conducting trainings and broadening knowledge for employers on third-country nationals on the Polish labor market,
- running the information website in Polish and 3 foreign languages (English, Russian, Ukrainian): http://migranci-warmiamazury.caritas.pl/
As part of the project, information about the dates, places and results of particular activities carried out in the project are disseminated among the final beneficiaries, including the start dates of trainings, courses, possible forms of support and the hours of operation of information and advisory points. Forms and statements used in the implementation of the project will be made available for download, and contact information will be disseminated to entities that have the task of supporting foreigners residing in the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE REGION
The number of third-country nationals in the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship is approximately 5063 people, of which more than half, 2323 people, are Ukrainian citizens. Data of the Office for Foreigners
In 2017, 5,366 work permits were issued to foreigners, including 4,866 to Ukrainian citizens, while in the first half of 2018, a total of 2,549 work permits were issued.
In 2017, in the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, 3,96 work permits were issued to Ukrainian citizens, including 1.886 permits for a period of more than two years.
An additional circumstance that increases the challenges related to population migration is the abolition of short-stay visas for Ukrainian citizens in 2017.
In 2017, 22.790 statements on entrusting work to a foreigner from outside the European Union were registered in the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, of which 19.412 concerned Ukrainian citizens.
The data comes from information of the Civil Affairs and Foreigners Department of the Warmian-Masurian Voivodship Office in Olsztyn and from the report of the Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Policy, Employment of Foreingers 2017.